Beer and art... It's a combination that allows people to relax and have fun while they learn how to paint abstract. NO ARTISTIC EXPERIENCE NEEDED! This is your opportunity to get inspired, learn new painting techniques, and take a moment to express yourself with colour. Create an abstract painting from start to finish with Angie's guidance, encouragement, and lively rhetoric.
August 11, 2021, Wednesday
Cost: $65 + GST
Instructor: Angie Marchinkow
Early registration is highly recommended as spots are limited. All attendees are required to wear face masks and maintain social distance during RCA courses.
Your ticket includes:
• A 2-hour art lesson + all supplies for your 16" x 20" masterpiece to take home
• 2 drink tickets
• Light snack
• Gooood vibes
• Arrive 5 minutes early to get settled.
• Wear a smock or clothes you don’t mind getting acrylic paint on!
• The class is subject to cancellation if the minimum number of participants is not met.
• Plan a safe ride home! Must be aged 19 or older, please bring two pieces of valid ID. If underage, two tickets must be purchased and you must be accompanied by an adult.
Angie Marchinkow is a multimedia artist and birth doula working in Kelowna, BC. After a lifetime of playing in the lake and forest, her large abstract paintings nod to the waters and wilds of British Columbia. Her works on canvas feature vibrant and familiar washes of colour, layered and manipulated with bold forms and drawn elements that bring forward both a sense of emotional depth and fresh air.
In 2019, she created Ale & Abstract - a painting event where she invites her guests to enjoy guided abstract painting in a comfortable brewery setting, coaching them into a unique artist mindset while teaching them various techniques to help them explore and understand abstract art in a new way.
She continues to stay connected with her audience, encouraging them to remain creative and actively practice art for art's sake through her social media presence. She firmly believes that sound is magic and #artisimportant.
Her paintings, murals, poems, photography, and musical and poetic performances can be enjoyed on her website and instagram.