Career Opportunities at the RCA
The Rotary Centre for the Arts offers employment opportunities in a variety of areas including programming, volunteer coordination, communications, facility bookings and arts administration.
Building Operations Manager
As an employee of the Rotary Centre for the Arts you will provide excellent customer service to the general public, facility users, tenants, and instructors. You thrive in a team work environment with the ability to effectively manage an operations team. You are a flexible, action-oriented individual who thrives in a dynamic multi-task environment.
This position reports to the General Manager.
• Represent the Rotary Centre for the Arts with rental clients, including ensuring proper set-ups, volunteer coordination, and technical needs.
• Plan, coordinate and keep records of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program to ensure mechanical, electrical, structural and safety maintenance/repair requirements are effectively conducted and completed.
• Work cooperatively with Facility Account Manager and Food and Beverage Manager
to ensure client's needs are met.
• Oversee, supervise, schedule and recruit building operations staff.
• Provide clients with access to rooms and set-up rooms as required.
• Develop maintenance schedules, logs and procedures to ensure timely servicing of heating, cooling and electrical systems, boilers, etc.
• Schedule repair and maintenance tasks including building cleanliness.
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, determine possible source of problems, effect repairs or coordinate necessary work using staff and/or contractors.
• Coordinate and monitor the service and repair of building equipment including pumps, filters, water treatment systems, boilers, HVAC units, furnishings and office equipment.
• Assist in budget preparation, determining costs and recommending priority of projects.
• Controls inventory of tools, chemical and building supplies, toiletries, etc.
• Review and revise fire and emergency plan, including regular testing and fire drills.
• Attend staff meetings and client meeting when required.
• Perform painting, cleaning and other maintenance tasks.
• Respond to emergency maintenance situations and alarm calls
• Perform other related work as required.
• Five or more years related experience
• Superior organizational skills including scheduling of staff and projects
• Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to delegate
• Customer Service and communication skills with the ability to establish excellent working relationships with a wide variety of staff, volunteers and stakeholders
• Independent problem solving abilities required
• Physical ability; must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
• Possession of Class 5 BC Driver's License and have access to a vehicle for use during
• the work day
• WHMIS Certificate and Standard First Aid
• Plumbing, carpentry and electrical experience an asset
• Hotel, hospitality, or catering experience an asset
• Arts and or Theatre venue experience an asset
• Must be bondable.
Hours of Work - Various shifts 8 am – 11 pm (40 hours per week, including some weekend and holiday work).
Rate of Pay - To be determined based on experience.
How to Apply - Please submit a comprehensive resume and three references to Patrick LeBlanc, General Manager, Rotary Centre for the Arts, email@example.com by May 17, 2013 – no phone calls. Not all applicants will be contacted due to the anticipated high volume of interest.