Career Opportunities at the RCA
The Rotary Centre for the Arts offers employment opportunities in a variety of areas including programming, volunteer coordination, communications, facility bookings, building maintenance, bistro/catering and arts administration.
Theatre Technical Assistant (Summer Student Position)
As a front line worker at the Rotary Centre for the Arts you will provide excellent customer service to all clients and will be responsible for ensuring that the technical needs and expectations of all RCA clients are met. You are a generalist theatre technician with some theatre experience and related training. You will have experience with sound and light operation, rigging, and knowledge of theatre production activities.
Reporting to the Technical Director you will assist with:
- Orientation and providing assistance to theatre renters
- Preparation and maintenance of the stage and work areas
- Maintenance of equipment and systems
- Ensuring safe and proper use of supplies, tools and equipment
- Performs technical and event related cleaning and set up
- Security of the building and the control and assistance of the public using the facilities, ensuring that regulations are observed
- Performs other related work as required
- High school education and other related education and work experience
- Experience in theatre event support and show organization
- Knowledge of theatre systems, operations and maintenance
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Must have physical ability to set up and move equipment and furniture
- Must be able to work on ladders and theatre rigging
- Ability to exercise independence of judgement in determining priorities and solving customer service operation problems
- Some experience in theatrical procedures, practices and the use of sound and light equipment
- Ability to exercise courtesy, tact, diplomacy and persuasion in responding to internal and external service requests and complaints
Hours of Work (June to September 2015)
Up to 40 hours per week, varying dependant on theatre bookings. Personal flexibility to accommodate schedule is a requirement.
Rate of Pay
Jordan Davies, Technical Director email@example.com by June 5, 2015.