Located in the heart of Kelowna’s Cultural District, the Rotary Centre for the Arts is a multidisciplinary visual and performing arts centre. At the Rotary Centre for the Arts, we continually strive to improve the economic, cultural and social quality of life in the community by fostering the participation in, and appreciation of the arts.
As a world-class venue celebrating creative expression through diverse art forms and disciplines, the Rotary Centre for the Arts is a unique City of Kelowna facility in which individuals of all ages and backgrounds can come together to share in the excitement of strengthening art and culture in the Okanagan.
The Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society will:
- Operate the Rotary Centre for the Arts as a
multi purpose arts facility;
- Nurture and foster an appreciation of the arts;
- Provide visual and performing arts programming;
- Provide the facility for rental to the community at reasonable rates;
- Provide arts educational opportunities
- Raise funds as necessary to support the mission
- "Collaborate with government, business, community groups
and individuals in the development of the arts;"
- To do all such things as are necessary to the attainment of
The Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society (KVPACS) will champion arts and culture in the Central Okanagan. We will continually strive to improve the economic, cultural and social quality of life in the community by fostering participation in, and appreciation of, the arts. KVPACS will work to provide advancement of the arts through policies, programs and activities within the Rotary Centre for the Arts. We will act as a catalyst for the creation, presentation and appreciation of the arts by managing and operating the RCA.
THE SOCIETY Number S-32185
1. The name of the Society is KELOWNA VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE SOCIETY, (hereinafter called the “Society”).
2. The purposes of the Society are:
(a) To nurture and foster an appreciation for the arts by operating the Rotary Centre for the Arts as a multi purpose arts facility;
(b) To provide community visual and performing arts programming and facility rental at reasonable rates;
(c) To provide arts educational programs and opportunities to the community;
(d) To raise funds necessary for these objects by donation or otherwise;
(e) To cooperate with municipal and educational bodies and the local business community in the development of the arts; and
(f) To do all such things as are necessary and conducive to the attainment of the above objects, or any of them.